Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Face Only a Mother Could Love


Amphibious Cotillion - 12"x12" Acrylic on Panel

Well, its no Bouguereau painting, but its a start. I'll be refining this some more when I get home. The important thing to note here is that I used a pretty new method of painting for me, and came out with a result close to what I wanted...something a little weird with a classic feeling.

I'll be doing more like this in the future, for sure. If this is my first one, I can't wait until my fifth, or my tenth painting. The complexity possible is limitless... now I feel like I can do as much with acrylic/oil as I could EVER do with digital, if not more.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my progress over the workshop. I can't wait to show you more art, announce new projects, and do more commissions for those of you that were waiting.

Feel free to email me any time with questions, comments, concerns or requests. This has been an absolute blast. :)

Stay tuned for another post with final thoughts on the workshop as a whole in the next few days!

1 comment:

IC said...

I love that face too! It totally looks classic. Can't wait to see number ten!